Cascade High School’s Purpose Statements
1. Challenge themselves to achieve their highest potential as independent learners and stretch their current academic ability.
2. Engage in academic learning, begin to understand the relevance of their learning to real life, retain what is taught, and continue to be lifelong learners.
3. participate in the culture and community at Cascade, holding each other accountable and feeling safe to learn.
1. Prepare students for lifelong learning by holding students accountable for self-directed learning in all courses through rigorous learning opportunities.
2. Collaborate in order to improve their instruction and consistently take advantage of learning opportunities to provide students with the best skills for future success.
3. Strive to connect with their students by being involved in school culture outside the classroom.
Parents and Community
1. Are involved in every aspect of our school and are engaged in their children’s academic and extracurricular endeavors.
2. Invest in Cascade students by mentoring, guest speaking, and providing internships.
3. Utilize various means of communication such as the school website, access to student gradebook, phone calls, and social media to stay informed of their children’s academic progress and daily school activities.
1. Informs teachers and stakeholders in advance of all upcoming events to help plan optimal instruction and participation.
2. Creates and utilizes alternate schedules to maximize instructional time while accommodating for memory-making activities and testing.
3. Provides tools, such as meaningful professional development at the school level, for high-quality teaching.
4. Ensures students possess study skills and resourcefulness in accessing study tools, while providing and protecting a productive study environment for students.